News and notes from around the interweb:
- United differentiates Taiwan from China on its website by currency rather than country. China is not amused.
- Fitch ratings agency expects Etihad to continue losing money through 2022 but still gives their debt an A rating because Al Nahyans have money.
- Atlanta airport is hiring a company to remove homeless from the airport
- “[I]n 1960, when the jet age began, around 25 million international trips were taken. Last year, the number was 1.3 billion.”
- Delta pilot says he was fired for reporting safety concerns, everyone at Delta has a reason why they were fired.
- US officials get more travel money than their international peers
- Emirates makeup tutorial for cabin crew calls female flight attendants ‘sky angels’
- Co-pilot faints just before landing during flight diversion
— Daily Star (@Daily_Star) August 27, 2018