News and notes from around the interweb:
- More people die in the US from drowning in bathtubs than from terrorism and that’s because there aren’t many would-be terrorists outside of war zones.
- Alaska Airlines eliminated predeparture cocktails in first class but will still serve juice and water. They’ll add sparkling wine to the mix November 1.
In my experience Alaska Airlines flight attendants didn’t generally do predeparture beverages anyway (Virgin America did). However Alaska first class gets mini bottles of water at each seat. I’ll take always having water when you board over the inconsistency at American where more often than not I get offered a beverage by legacy US Airways flight attendants but nothing from legacy American Airlines flight attendants.
- Delta will launch Tampa – Amsterdam and add more New York JFK – Tel Aviv and Paris and Los Angeles – Paris and Amsterdam flying.
- 5000 Virgin Australia miles for test driving a Hyundai at an Australian dealership
- The Upside app actually lets you book Southwest Airlines flights though in order to do so you have to be (1) registered with a work email address and (2) booking a trip for travel between Sunday and Friday.
- AirAsia could sell their BIG frequent flyer program
- 1 Alaska mile per dollar spent at Rover the dogsitting app. (HT: Doctor of Credit)