News and notes from around the interweb:
- Some great auctions at Luxury Travel Diary these seem to go for 30% – 70% off, probably because there just aren’t that many people bidding so you can scoop up bargains.
- Virgin Atlantic transfers to IHG Rewards Club no longer count towards elite status
- Delta doesn’t offer an international first class product and for years you haven’t been able to use their miles for international first class on partners. But this blogger redeemed SkyMiles for first class on a China Southern A380 because it was a domestic Chinese flight Guangzhou to Beijing.
- 60 volunteer detailers working to preserve planes at the Museum of Flight in Seattle
Museum of Flight, Freddie Awards 2014
- Etihad buy on board
- How airline seat design affects comfort. A larger seat cushion matters, Recline helps distribute weight.
- JetBlue thinks new weather software will save money on de-icing