News and notes from around the interweb:
- The story behind Air India’s priceless collection of art
- TravelCon is in Austin September 20-22. It’s been sold out for months. However I just learned that cancellations mean there are about 30 tickets available. The list of speakers is impressive. I’ll be doing a panel with James Boyd from Singapore Airlines and Ben Mutzabaugh from USA Today. If you’re interested act quickly.
- This Bowl of Dan Dan Noodles Just Might Be the Best Airport Food in the World
- Airlines using big data to personalize service
- Southwest: if we leave your bags out in the rain it’s your problem not ours at least they don’t charge you for the privilege.
- New questions about the response to the Asiana crash in San Francisco (HT: Cranky Flier)
- Gogo restructuring to try to stem losses, boost shareholder value they laid off over 50 people this week.
- This 102 year old was one of Delta’s first flight attendants.