News and notes from around the interweb:
- Uber drivers can report passengers for suspected drug possession inside the app
- New York Giants player AJ Francis lost his mother and says the TSA spilled her ashes. The TSA has now responded saying their employee didn’t know what was in the package so they aren’t responsible, and blames the player for how the ashes were packed.
TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said Tuesday that video footage of the inspection shows that TSA agents were not aware that the container inside Francis’s bag contained cremated remains. And they weren’t responsible for the spill, she said.
…“A TSA officer discovered the unidentified object was an opened, unmarked ceramic container, wrapped in tin foil inside a small bag. Upon further inspection of the checked bag, the container was loosely packaged, unmarked and the contents unknown to the TSA officer.”
- Why on earth did Priceline/Booking.com buy HotelsCombined?
- China Eastern, part-owned by Delta, will sell up to $2.2 billion in stock to fund aircraft acquisition.
- Hawaiian Airlines has improved points-earning with their co-brand credit card
- Someone tried to take a snake through security at the Miami airport
- Mr. Bean in first class. (HT: JohnnyJet)