News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Theme Building at LAX is going to house the airport’s USO lounge.
- China’s HNA Group (Hainan Airlines, etc.) may sell Radisson Hotels to raise cash, pay down debt Chinese foreign investment has generally suffered a low rate of return.
- Rapper fails to get Air Canada to move a blind woman and her seeing eye dog
- After United announced the end of Los Angeles – Singapore service they’re affirming their commitment to an LAX hub which is something airlines do. American argues they’re strengthening their Chicago hub by cancelling Beijing service and looking closely at continued Chicago – Shanghai and Tokyo service.
- What makes a city great for cafe people watching?
- Passenger threatened with arrest for filming the safety video (which the airline itself posts on YouTube, natch)
- Actress Busy Philips slammed Delta for splitting her up from her daughter onto different routings during irregular operations. As soon as I saw this my first thought was ‘they were booked in separate reservations’. Yup. Although the complaint about 2 hour telephone hold times is fair (that’s when you ring up international call centers — or complain on twitter like this Dawson’s Creek alum did. (Though it helps if you’re one of the 25 most influential people on the internet.)
- “Why You Never Got to Fly The American Concorde: The American SST Story”