News and notes from around the interweb:
- Skyjacker D.B. Cooper’s long lost confession
- The City of Phoenix spent about $600 million to expand their convention center. Since they couldn’t get a hotelier to come in they spent $350 million more and got.. a Sheraton.
Phoenix still owes $300 million on the property a dozen years later. It decided to sell for $255 million. But to get that they have to offer a 20 year property tax abatement worth $100 million. The buyer is Marriott along with other capital partners, and they plan to give the property some much needed love.
- American says their request that the federal government not use their planes to separate kids from their families is being met.
- Man calls cops on passenger for eating a burrito on the BART train.
- Not save for work (just like Anthony Bourdain): “Travel Shows Were Boring as F—. Then Came Anthony Bourdain.”