News and notes from around the interweb:
- El Al doesn’t fly on the sabbath. But what do they do during irregular operations?
- Group wants to close Teterboro airport because of climate change, and as excuse to spend billions on other area airports
- American Airlines is increasing the number of flight attendants who need to work on reserve. The airline also has new social media guidelines for employees.
- American’s pilots are subtly threatening operational disruptions over the hotels the company puts them up in. They say some properties are noisy or airport transportation doesn’t come frequently enough so they may not get enough rest and therefore would call in unfit to fly.
- Through August 31 Emirates is giving out free ice cream in Dubai’s terminal 3. For sure Dubai is hot and people like ice cream. But to be sure it’s anything but hot inside the Dubai airport.
- Richard Branson might as well be talking to Doug Parker (background is here)
- Consideration of privatizing St. Louis airport moving forward