News and notes from around the interweb:
- The new 25% discount on inflight purchases benefit from the United Explorer Card works for inflight wifi purchases.
- Here are the scams people are running on Uber
- United will no longer be offering international first class but still has first class lounges at Washington Dulles, London Heathrow, Tokyo Narita, and Hong Kong. They tell me that the Washington Dulles Global First Lounge will be converted to a United Club this summer “in order to enable the planning and build of our IAD United Polaris lounge.”
They did not offer comment on plans for the London Heathrow, Tokyo Narita and Hong Kong international first class lounges once United no longer has an international first class product. They’ve announced plans to eventually have Polaris business class lounges in these locations but those lounges don’t appear imminent.
- Anthony Bourdain: Online trolls get the best food recommendations
- Alaska Airlines will start serving Salt & Straw ice cream in first class beginning Saturday (HT: Dennis Y)
- Suing Equifax in small claims court over its data breach
- Kansas City airport’s new terminal, not scheduled to open until the end of 2021 to begin with, is already delayed.