News and notes from around the interweb:
- As rental cars fade away Avis will do anything to survive
Avis in Miami
- How important is Sydney to Singapore Airlines? 5 of its top 12 connecting markets by revenue involve Sydney – London, Delhi, Mumbai, Zurich, and Paris. (Airline Weekly, June 4 2018)
Singapore Airlines Lounge, Sydney
- Now that Wyndham acquired La Quinta they’re offering status matches and points transfers between the programs.
- Lots of recent stories like this one and this one and this one about points transferred from Chase (and perhaps American Express) not posting properly to Air France KLM Flying Blue.
Apparently the points go over, and Air France isn’t posting them to accounts properly. Air France has been ‘live’ with American Express for years, and their partnership with Chase was delayed for a year by IT integration issues when Chase insisted that their points post instantly as well. Yet right now there are several reports where points just aren’t showing up, and Chase and American Express generally won’t dive in for at least a week.
- American Express is extending warranty protection from one year to two and extending purchase protection from 90 to 120 days.
- Air Canada is looking at ways to stop gadgets from falling into business class seats