News and notes from around the interweb:
- Listen to this podcast about the changes to Marriott-Starwood
- Russia extended overflight authorization for US airlines through October 28
- Air India pilot instructor threatens trainees with an axe
- Court rules EU compensation applies to cancellations resulting from unofficial job actions
- The Wall Street Journal highlights what airlines are spending on their premium cabin wines, linking to my post about Delta serving $4 Andre.
Surprisingly Delta serves less expensive wines in business class than United or American (United spends the most, hence cuts). And celebrity chef Neil Perry calls out other airlines for copping out on their wine programs.
- Door ripped off a Singapore Airlines 777
- British Airways baggage handlers sentenced for smuggling ~ $45 million in cocaine. They were just following boss Willie Walsh’s admonition to: