News and notes from around the interweb:
- Another Gate Gourmet facility runs into health problems
- Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Airlines 4 America) wants to keep Norwegian subsidiaries from flying to the US even though Delta has moved on from that fight.
- United Airlines once offered commercial service to Delaware so they could say they flew to all 50 states. One United aircraft diverted to Delaware again on Monday night.
Credit: Instagram/Zlata Thoughts pic.twitter.com/gNmDGP1I7T
— Jeffrey Cook (@JeffreyCook) April 17, 2018
- United is Ending CapeAir Guam service May 31 “the last turboprop United Express operation.”
- How a change in windows helped a DFW Airport bar sell twice as many drinks
- The people who sell airport advertising have a new study that says airport advertising works that if you spend a lot of time at airports you’re going to digest the messages and some of you then take action. Which is why – despite costs – it surprises me that more airlines don’t sell advertising on overhead bins and the backs of tray tables.
- Passengers were forced to disembark while a United plane was searched after a man said “bomba.”