News and notes from around the interweb:
- Japan will impose a 1000 yen tourism tax next year to bolster tourism. Someone skipped basic economics, when you tax something you get less of it. The source of funds of course is beside the point for whether or not they also spend money on tourism promotion.
- 100 free Copa ConnectMiles
- Drunk British Airways flight attendant fined for being 10 times over legal limit
- The Westin Tysons Corner is offering 1000 bonus points per night on stays of 2 nights per more within the same week through June 30th — though you have to contact the property to get the points. (HT: Caroline F.)
- In conquering the sea Singapore erases its history (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- Callsign: Rednose. (HT: Jonathan W.)