News and notes from around the interweb:
- UberX pushed out of Greece. Because more cronyism is just what the Greek economy needs.
- ZorkFest Travel and Casino Loyalty Conference combines the travel and miles and points discussions that go on at other conferences with also teaching you how to leverage the casino programs that in many ways still offer more value to folks paying attention. No benefit to me, but the folks putting on the conference offered coupon code ZorkVFTW for $10 off.
- Delta.com not showing the lowest fares. Cranky Flier seems surprised that Delta shows no inclination to fix this. Bless his heart!
- Delta’s online chat provider was hacked and we’re only learning six months later
- Venetian and Palazzo have raised their resort fee to $45 the highest in Las Vegas. (HT: 777 global mile hound)
- As Hainan Airlines’ parent tries to raise cash they plan to sell some of their Hilton stake.
- On the latest American Airlines employee podcast ‘Tell Me Why’ the airline’s Vice President Communications interviews British Airways CEO Alex Cruz talking about their joint venture, that they “treat the product as the same product” which if it were actually true wouldn’t bode well for American’s premium customers. British Airways will eventually offer internet, of course, but there’s little relief in site for garbage seats.