I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m on the ‘Miles to Go’ podcast talking about award redemption.
- Citi ThankYou® Premier Card is back offering a 50,000 point initial bonus after $4000 spend within 3 months ($0 annual fee the first year, $95 thereafter), they’ve often had no bonus at all. Points transfer to a variety of frequent flyer programs.[Offer expired]
Right now there’s a 30% bonus on transfers to JetBlue – through May 19 – maybe a perfect time to try their Mint product.
- How much it costs to plow an airport runway in a snowstorm
- According to Loyalty Lobby Avianca LifeMiles does not offer same day award redemptions.
- Fine tuning the fine dining experience at 30,000 feet It’s sponsored content from Singapore Airlines but still worthwhile.