News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airlines want to take over operation of Honolulu airport from the state
- South African Airways hires bodyguards because they’re planning to cut jobs
- Alaska Airlines failed to get a dismissal in the lawsuit brought by the family who says they killed grandma. Warning: this footage is disturbing.
- Mitt Romney is seeking to re-up as a Marriott boardmember, a post he’ll have to resign if he’s elected to represent Utah in the U.S. Senate. Romney is named after Marriott’s founder.
- Two United flight attendants spent 15 minutes watching a video on an iPad during a flight instead of working. In other words they were neglecting their safety duties (since they’re on the flight primarily for your safety. Incredibly United fired them. The flight attendants sued and won. The case is expected to cost United $1.5 million. And this is why we can’t have nice things.
United Flight Attendants Campaigning in Union Election Outside San Francisco United Club
- Spirit Airlines passenger was brought back to life by a man who learned CPR two weeks ago
- Former member of the Pussycat Dolls claims she’s missing a meeting at the White House because of American Airlines but refuses to give specifics. So there’s that…