News and notes from around the interweb:
- Getting United pilots to allow the airline to outsource more flying to lower cost regionals is key to the airline’s growth plan. But unions want more jobs and to protect jobs. Here’s how these restrictions compare across United, Delta, and American.
- Was a mom kicked off a plane because her baby spit up? At United the airline has provided the spit up to passengers as an amenity, no extra charge.
- United and Delta investment to encourage careers in aviation the real challenge is going to be pilots.
- FiveThirtyEight refers to United as “a Chicago-based animal euthanasia company that occasionally also functions as an airline.”
- Tokyo Narita is getting a cafe overlooking a runway which uses airplane seats.
- I’ve expect that American would put lie flat Boeing 757s on domestic routes, we haven’t seen that yet but they are deploying an A330 to Philadephia – Los Angeles. Except for one week when an A330-300 will be deployed from April 3 to May 3 the aircraft will be an A330-200 all of which now have premium economy as well as fully flat business.
American Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy