News and notes from around the interweb:
- Three years ago Conrad Hilton avoided jail for assaulting crew and smoking pot in the lavatory on a London – Los Angeles flight. The Hilton family, however, is being sued by their former car insurance company over a Conrad Hilton wreck..
- In response to news that Hyatt is testing the elimination of free breakfast at Hyatt Place properties, someone on Facebook writes:
Hyatt’s new marketing themes and terms:
2017: “Globalist,” “Explorist,” “Discoverist.”
- Could Warren Buffet buy Southwest Airlines? No, not just more stock, the whole airline. (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Southwest Airlines has received its space permit for Honolulu airport.
- Alaska Airlines changes to first class
- United may not just kill dogs and rabbits, some employees are complaining about the asbestos from the carrier’s former headquarters building (HT: Marty W.)