News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cathay Pacific’s AsiaMiles is a transfer partner of American Express and Citibank. You can use their miles to redeem travel on oneworld airlines like American, LAN, Qantas, etc. And you can add a throwaway flight to qualify for their oneworld award chart and save big miles.
- IHG hotels acquires 51% stake in Regent hotels with option on the other 49%
- Philippine Airlines introduces online award redemption
- Washington National airport’s “Banjo” terminal A if only the old Northwest Worldclub (pre-security) was still operating.
- Radiation risk rises with ultra long haul flights and polar routes
- American Airlines has a new Vice President of Global Marketing, that was Fern Fernandez’s old job.
- Radisson has a strong bonus for stays through June 30 Registration required. (HT: One Mile at a Time) You get 500 points per booking made through their mobile app, plus: