News and notes from around the interweb:
- 25% bonus converting points into Aeroplan. When there was a 35% bonus I wrote Turn 180,000 Points into 2 Business Class Tickets to Almost Anywhere and 14 Hotel Nights. When there was a 30% bonus I wrote Turn 139,231 Points into 2 Business Class Roundtrips to Europe. It’s a little more difficult to get excited over a 25% bonus but it’s still strategically useful. Just don’t transfer anything you don’t intend to use by 2020.
- TAAG Angola’s Firts Class (sic). I had a flight like that once on Lufthansa and it turned out the flight attendant actually had health issues.
- SAS introduces lifetime EuroBonus Star Gold
- United award sale to Hawaii but bear in mind even with a discount United’s Hawaii awards are pricey and there are several ways to get a better deal year round.
- American Airlines tells me they’re working to fix seat power outlets where cords won’t stay in the socket. Progress I’d say..! Perhaps the end is in sight for needing a UK adapter.
Our Tech Ops team identified the issue with power outlets not properly holding in the plugs. It was an inadequate retention spring within the outlets – this was found not only with American but with other carriers who use the same manufacturer. We’re working with our supplier to replace the faulty ones with stronger ones and all new aircraft are delivered with the stronger outlets and they’re developing a better tool to test the current outlets on board to proactively find and replace the faulty ones.
- Delta’s monthly award sale is 36,000 miles roundtrip for economy to South America when you book by 11:59 pm Eastern on March 14, 2018, and travel between August 15 and October 31, 2018. Extra legroom coach is on sale, too.
- Effective March 27th you will no longer be able to earn JetBlue points at Amazon.com unless you make your purchase while on a JetBlue flight.