News and notes from around the interweb:
- In January I wrote that Etihad will sell you access to their Residence lounge section at New York JFK for $40. Now customers with access to the first class lounge in Abu Dhabi can buy Residence lounge access there for $100 subject to availability on day of departure. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
Residence Lounge New York JFK
- Is Google burying the lowest hotel rates below paid advertisers?
- Signing up for a vacation where you don’t know in advance where you’ll go the Wall Street Journal features my award booking partner Steve Belkin’s Competitours (‘the Amazing Race for regular people’) and my friend Denise Chaykun’s Magical Mystery Tours.
- Ethiopian’s plan to dominate African aviation
- Why people are weirdly obsessed with Southwest Airlines
- The UK government says Marriott failed to pay minimum wage to 279 workers. This story is in no way related to Marriott letting China set its policies.
- Inspector General’s Report says FAA has bungled NextGen though despite lighting billions of dollars on fire and failing to reduce air traffic congestion no one will be fired let alone prosecuted.
Copyright: cylonphoto / 123RF Stock Photo