News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Florida legislature dropped a plan for fuel tax subsidies and it wasn’t even meant to hurt Delta because of their stance on the NRA.
- American will be removing Gogo air to ground internet and installing ViaSat service all in one go, rather than flying dark planes without internet. I had assumed this would be the case but it’s great to have confirmation.
- Plaza Premium lounges are enforcing the requirement of a departing boarding pass for access
- Legacy American Airlines flight attendant pay will be a mess this summer. Try getting a predeparture beverage in July!
- Sage parenting advice from Orlando’s airport.
Parents: Do you know what your kids are texting? Let us help..
ORD- O'Hare Int'l Airport
DFW- Dallas-Fort Worth Int'l Airport
LAS- McCarran Int'l Airport
PHL- Philadelphia Int'l Airport
MCO- Orlando Int'l Airport
If you see these, your child may be an #avgeek. Give them a hug.
— Orlando International Airport (@MCO) March 5, 2018
- The Rise and Fall of Hooters Air (HT: World Airline News) They paid Hooters girls and flight attendants and they hubbed at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.