News and notes from around the interweb:
- British law enforcement officer systematically stole cash from passengers at Heathrow
- 35% bonus transferring hotel points to British Airways, not nearly enough to entice me.
- American is replacing plated desserts in first class on midcons with cookies
- American Express loses the Mercedes co-brand in January 2019 so at some point new signups for their base and Platinum cards will go away, and in 10 months consumers still holding the products will be transitioned to other cards.
- Waiting to book hotels until closer to travel can save you ~ 20% this is one reason I’m allergic to prepaid hotel rates.
- Emirates says the Skywards program is up to 20 million members
- Spirit Airlines pilots get a 43% raise