News and notes from around the interweb:
- Priority Pass-eligible restaurant Timberline Steaks & Grill at Denver is closing because its lease is ending. It will be combined with adjacent spaces to create a new restaurant. (HT: lenin1991)
- Japan Airlines presented their ‘vision’ yesterday (.pdf) and it includes launching a new route to the West Coast next year. My guess is San Jose or Seattle, even though neither is a hub for their joint venture partner American Airlines. (I have a hard time seeing Phoenix make sense due to lack of O/D traffic.)
Plans to launch a new route to the west coast of North America, thereby further improve connectivity between North America and Asia, in FY2019.
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus is 25 years old and reports 3.5 million members.
- Register for 100 bonus Business ExtrAA points with your next qualifying flight by May 31 (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer has delayed implementation of its new award fees which were supposed to go into effet March 1 until May 1.
- The Park Hyatt Kuala Lumpur is supposed to open in 2021, and will be the tallest skyscraper in Southeast Asia. I already love the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, and will be thrilled to try this new hotel, but bear in mind these sorts of projects never open on time.
- What a flight attendant’s job is like