News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marijuana disposal boxes installed at Las Vegas airport. Airport workers have a new employee benefit. (HT: @JohnnyJet)
Aspen airport bins, Credit: THE-SEER
- Famous chamber ensemble will no longer fly British Airways “after being denied boarding for two violins and a viola”
Our cases are well w/in the dimensions (they fly w/ us 60x a year and have for over 40 years). There was room, the flight was not overbooked. We were told we would have to book extra seats (like we do for the cello), but when we said we’d do that, we were told we couldn’t.’
- Uber and Lyft will both give you (2) $10 credits for trips that start and end in Scottsdale, Arizona as a result of a subsidy from the city for visitors who don’t live in the greater Phoenix area.
- Overpriced books are being sold on Amazon as a money laundering technique the fees involved are too high to make sense just to generate miles.
- Turkish Airlines now serves 52 destinations in Africa
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- Olympic gold medallists wanted an upgrade from Delta. Nope.
Hi, there. Congratulations, gold medal champions! We are honored to be your ride back home! While we don't have any upgrades to offer, we look forward to seeing you on board. Thanks for flying with us! *AJL
— Delta (@Delta) February 24, 2018