News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways crew behaving badly at hotels during their layovers
- Dirty Pool: Wyndham Rewards changed terms on a promotion after it started, not the first time they’ve done this or even the second time.
- Mediana becomes Air Italy: Unveiling Qatar’s investment in the Italian airline. Qatar promises a premium carrier hubbing at Milan Malpensa operating Boeing 787-8s and 737 MAXs that shares 20% of profits with employees. The business class seats don’t look great, and when was the last time an Italian carrier was profitable in a meaningful and sustainable way?
- What it was like to fly in the golden age of air travel
- Here’s a great video from the cockpit of a British Airways A380 landing in Vancouver from Captain Dave Wallsworth.
- Watch this Singapore Airlines A350 from Manchester to Houston get struck by lightning. Happens all the time but it’s always jarring for passengers to see it. (HT: Meg Butler)