News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here are the most germ-infested places at airports and on planes
- Credit where credit is due: United had the best on-time performance in December. Delta came in second, barely ahead of Alaska. But since it was only one month – still materially ahead of American — it didn’t risk having to pay out on-time guarantees to corporate customers.
- Last month an American Eagle flight from Toronto to New York LaGuardia commenced takeoff without clearance and was ordered by the tower to abort.
- Man who tried to open exit door of Delta flight over Pacific pleads guilty to 4 felonies.
- How American chooses layover hotels for flight attendants
- New York JFK’s new $65 million ‘pet terminal’ is on the brink of closing and crying foul over what it says are violations of its lease by the Port Authority of New York New Jersey.