I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
We often delve into the extreme detail and minutiae of rewards cards, there are tons of benefits and features and lots of details but it’s easy to lose the forest from the trees.
I thought I’d try to keep it simple, with just a single statement to encapsulate the key value proposition offered by several of the best rewards cards. See if you agree with my cutting to the chase on each:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Best all-around card to get started with (best signup bonus, strong earning, valuable points)
Transfer Points to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and Redeem for Suites
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Card: Best premium card ($450 annual fee) for points-earning
Also Gets Lounge Access
- Platinum Card By American Express Best card benefits, elite status and lounge access
American Express Centurion Lounge Houston
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card: best business credit card for points-earning
- Business Platinum Card from American Express: amazing benefits and receive a rebate on ‘pay with points’ to book flights instead of worrying about award space
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard can be leveraged to get up to 33 people into the lounge
Entrance to American Airlines Admirals Club Austin
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express: the only no annual fee card whose points transfer 1:1 into a variety of airline miles.
At the Launch Party for Everyday
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card has the best signup bonus you can still get if you’re over 5/24.
- Citi Double Cash and Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature Card: the best cash back cards