News and notes from around the interweb:
- One foreign airline has expressed interest in buying 49% of Air India. Since both Emirates and Etihad had been interested in buying Pakistan International Airlines before that carrier’s privatization plans were put on ice, and Etihad seems out of the market for buying problem airlines now, Emirates seems like a good guess.
- Wyndham is offering enough points for a free night after two stays. Register and complete stays by July 1 to earn 15,000 points. Two one night stays at the cheapest participating property qualify, and the offer stacks with all others.
It takes just seconds, you really should register because you’ll never remember to do it later if you happen to wind up with Wyndham stays and it takes just a few seconds to knock it out.
Wyndham Wizard, credit: Wyndham
- Several investment banks are refusing to deal in bitcoin and credit card issuers are refusing to allow their products to be used to purchase bitcoin but Japan Airlines is working to allow for bitcoin payment of airline tickets.
- Superbowl anti-terrorism plans were left in the seatback pocket on a plane by a Homeland Security official. And nothing bad happened. Because the odds of the next person in that seat being a member of ISIS are pretty much zero. (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Dean Martin and Jonathan Winters sit next to each other in first class…