You can fly oneworld airlines Finnair, Iberia, American, and British Airways — carriers that are part of a transatlantic joint venture — from 929 Euros roundtrip between Europe and the U.S.
Share this with all your European friends but this is useful for US-based travelers. Book an award ticket to get to Europe to position yourself and then your trips across the Pond start in Europe for this super cheap pricing.
- Book an air and hotel package at Expedia.de (the German Expedia website, use Google translate if helpful though it’s pretty intuitive even in German)
- They let you book your hotel for fewer nights than your overall trip. Make sure to choose this option and just book one night of hotel. You’ll choose the cheapest hotel (hostel) and throw it away.
- And be sure to select business class. You’ll be able to choose your flight, I like the seats and internet on American but would take the food on Finnair myself (and decide based on seat, not food).
Here’s a sample at the cheapest price.
Key details of the fare:
- Several European airports are eligible including “Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, etc.”
- Several US destinations work: “New York (from 950 €), Las Vegas (from 1200 €), Hawaii (from 1650 €), Boston, Miami (from 920 €), Chicago, Vancouver (from 1270 €), Tampa, Calgary, Washington, etc pp – almost every imaginable city in North America (even small cages like Flint, Michigan)”
- Travel through September 27
- Must be ticketed by February 8 but they may not last that long in fact they probably won’t
- One free stopover permitted
Be sure to use a credit that doesn’t add foreign transaction fees when making the booking.
(HT: MyDeals.de via L.K.)