Delta’s new Airbus A350s follow American’s lead among US airlines in offering a premium economy cabin that’s similar to domestic first class. It’s more space and upgraded amenities, but not the flat bed offering of business class.
Right now there’s an incredible fare starting at just $597 roundtrip in premium economy between several U.S. cities — at least Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Denver, San Diego, Baltimore and Austin — and Beijing, and it’s widely available through end of April. That’s flying premium economy for the same or less than coach.
Note also that when you fly Premium Economy internationally Delta books you into first class for domestic connecting segments if inventory is available.
We saw this deal for Boston and a few other cities just before Christmas too and since this is even the same fare basis GKW0ZPPD that we saw in late December I assume this is not a mistake.
Key details for fare basis GLX0ZPPD:
- Travel permitted Monday through Thursday for each transpacific flight
- Outbound travel must commence by February 19, or between March 5 and April 29
- You’re allowed a stopover in Detroit for $100
- Tickets must be purchased by February 28, but I don’t think that the fare will last that long
- Non-refundable with a $300 change fee
Search Google flights and just change your preferred dates and your preferred US city.
Crucially you want to be sure you’re flying through Detroit on the Airbus A350 to get premium economy, you do not want to connect through Seattle where there’s only extra legroom coach (‘Comfort+’) offered.
(HT: God Save the Points)