I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is well known for top-line benefits like a signup bonus of 50,000 points after $4000 spend within 3 months, earning 3 points per dollar on travel and dining, a $300 travel credit, $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit, and unlimited visit and guest Priority Pass Select.
Points can be used at 1.5 cents apiece towards paid travel through the Ultimate Rewards site or transferred to:
- Airlines: United, Singapore, Southwest, British Airways, Air France, Virgin Atlantic, Korean
- Hotels: Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, IHG
Singapore Airlines Suites
However there are myriad benefits that I’d bet existing cardmembers and those considering the card don’t know about. Here are 9, some of which you may be familiar with but some that may be new to you. Are you taking advantage of the free $30 and discount from Groundlink for instance?
- $30 one-time credit and 15% off Groundlink car service
- Discount golf
The Golf Club at Lansdowne
- Wine tasting discounts in Sonoma, California note that this is available to Visa Signature cardholders as well.
- 30% off a 2+ day rental with Silvercar using promo code VINFINITE
- Primary collision coverage when renting a car with your Chase Sapphire Reserve. Much of the time if you ding a rental car your own insurance won’t even have to know.
While the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers this as well but Reserve’s coverage is more generous – up to $75,000 in covered losses and with more limited exclusions (20+ year old cars, or those out of production for 10+ years; as well as “certain vans, vehicles that have an open cargo bed, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, and motorbikes, limousines, and recreational vehicles”).
- Roadside assistance 4 times per year, up to $50 each time, for a tow, locksmith, gas, tire change, or jump start.
- Baggage Delay coverage if your bags are lost for more than 6 hours you can get up to $100 a day for 5 days reimbursed, save those receipts for purchases of essential items.
- Trip Delay Coverage if your flight is delayed more than 6 hours — or overnight —
you get up to $500 per ticket in expenses like hotel, meals, and ground transportation.
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption reimbursement up to $10,000 for trips cancelled or ended early due to sickness, severe weather and other covered events.