I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline Miles and Points: How to Get the Best Award Flights in 2018 my contribution to Wendy Perrin’s #WOWWeek which you can follow through the 28th.
- The planet’s shifting magentic poles are forcing Wichita to rename its runways (HT: @DangerousBri)
- India allowing inflight internet for flyers in and over the country. No more loss of connectivity when traveling through Indian airspace. (HT: @Roar_Singh)
- SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express $500 signup bonus is back.
- American Express is offering up to $500 cash back as a signup bonus — a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases within the first 6 months of cardmembership and an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of cardmembership.
This is a no annual fee card that gives you 5% cash back on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and U.S. office supply stores; 3% back on purchases in your chosen category (from a list of 8); and 1% cash back on other purchases. 3% and 5% earning applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, amounts above that revert to 1%.
- US and the Netherlands have signed an Open Skies Treaty dealing with the ‘BES’ islands (Bonaire, St Eustatius, and Saba). American Airlines is launching Miami – Bonaire non-stop this year, 1224 miles to the Southeast.
- Airport quick massage business Xpress Spa would like you to buy a franchise
- This is an incredible video of a Eurowings Dash 8 landing in Dusseldorf Airport on Thursday. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Ghana’s Minister of Transportation slams British Airways over bed bugs.