News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Marriott family’s civil war “They built a hotel empire—and an image as a stable, successful corporate clan. Now a son’s lawsuit is airing some unprecedented dirty laundry.”
- Hong Kong is getting a St. Regis opening in 2019, a perfect example of why Marriott is keeping all 30 brands. They already have a Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong, this allows them to earn fees off another hotel without running afoul of exclusivity agreements.
- Best and Worst Airlines for operational performance in 2017
- Now we know what TSA is good for — scanning checked luggage they rescued a cat.
- The Most Awful Transit Center in America Could Get Unimaginably Worse
- Why one man has spent years building a Boeing 777 out of paper
- The phase-out of Virgin America