News and notes from around the interweb:
- Use Amazon Prime to save money when visiting Disney World
- Not everyone’s Air France first class mistake fare from the West Coast to Europe was cancelled, here’s a trip report.
- After American’s pilot scheduling snafu at Christmas it’s worth noting that they recovered just fine.
- As Alaska Air cuts costs, employee discontent grows and passenger loyalty is at risk
- Hunt resumes for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- United Airlines: When air traffic control tells you to hold short runway 2-7, you hold short runway 2-7.
Authorities are investigating an incident where a United Airlines flight failed to hold short of an active runway where a Jet Blue flight was about to land at Boston Logan International Airport, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement.
Friday evening, United Airlines flight 1946 was returning to the gate due to a maintenance issue. According to a Boston Logan spokeswoman, the Boeing 737 entered a “safety area” of the tarmac before the runway, which triggered a sensor that set off an alarm in the control tower.
..Air traffic controllers told United Airlines flight 1946 at least five times to “hold short of runway 27.”
- Sheriff Clarke To Face Trial After Airplane Incident Investigated By FBI he had an American Airlines passenger harassed by law enforcement officers under his command because the man looked at Sheriff Clarke funny for wearing Dallas Cowboys attire. (HT: Toqueville) I covered details of the original incident last year. Clarke has called Black a ‘snowflake’ for objecting to police bullying and says anyone “who harasses him on an airplane might get ‘knocked out’.”