News and notes from around the interweb:
- Man living in an MD80 plans to convert an ex-Spirit Airlines DC-9 “into a movie room and arts and craft center”
- Passengers caught in planes on the ground in the New York snowstorm called 911 asking to be let off (HT: Heels First Travel)
- The final United Express turboprop will fly tonight. They’ll be all-jet starting tomorrow.
- How Hilton recycles used mattresses
- Alaska Airlines jumps on the $1000 bonus per employee because of tax reform bandwagon
- Southwest passengers could be in for a rough winter operationally at Chicago Midway airport
- D.B. Cooper letter, newly released by FBI, offers startling coded clue that might reveal skyjacker