News and notes from around the interweb:
- Lyft is looking to build hotel partnerships the idea is that room rates include airport transportation and a Lyft is ordered automatically when the guest touches down at the airport.
- Ryanair prepares for hard Brexit by applying for UK Air Operators Certificate which would allow them to continue serving domestic routes.
- IATA reports safety of African airlines is improving
- Motel 6s in Washington State freely gave out guest information to federal immigration authorities. (HT: Kalboz) We already knew that Motel 6s in Phoenix were doing that.
Motel 6 Phoenix – Northern Avenue, Credit: Motel 6
- Despite benefiting from lower corporate tax rates, American Express says fourth quarter earnings will take a $2.4 billion hit from the recently-passed tax bill because they have to account for taxation of earnings they hold overseas and “adjustments to the company’s deferred tax assets and liabilities.”
- Man faces charges for sexually assaulting woman on a Spirit Airlines Las Vegas – Detroit flight. He admits he might have “un-done the woman’s bra to play with it” and that he also unzipped the woman’s pants trying to touch her “but was unsuccessful.” What I’m perplexed by is the uncertainty, how could he not know if he did it?
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo