News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline crew are exposed to more radiation than people who work on nuclear reactors (HT: Tyler Cowen)
- Women detail sexual assaults and harassment on commercial flights
- Why it costs up to 7 times as much to build public transit in the US than it does abroad
- African American business group alleges racism after eviction during mixer at Hilton They rented the Presidential Suite and say they told the meeting planner their intentions. The hotel says you can’t hold events there of this group’s size, let alone paid events with signage, and besides staff saw the group bring in a DJ booth. They say it was never turned on and they were never noisy, that complaints about their group came in when there were only two people there.
Doubletree Resort Paradise Valley
- Another passenger boarded the wrong flight but there was no supermodel to tweet about it.
- A Skywest pilot proposed to his flight attendant girlfriend inflight last week: