News and notes from around the interweb:
- A Virgin Australia 737 touched down heavy before going around on arrival from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast airport, causing shoulder injuries to some passengers. Australia’s safety investigator is closed for the holidays and not immediately answering inquiries.
- There’s a new The Club lounge (accessible via Priority Pass) coming to Dallas Fort-Worth airport mid-2018.
By the middle of next year, it plans to open a 2,500-square-foot lounge at DFW Airport’s Terminal D in a mezzanine space previously occupied by a Three Forks restaurant. DFW is where Airport Lounge Development got its start, with a smaller lounge facility in Terminal D that’s been open since 2006.
But Knipp, whose previous job was overseeing Admirals Clubs at American Airlines, said the new facility will be a significant upgrade from the previous digs, representing the company’s evolution over the last decade.
- The awesome Theme Building that’s completely going to waste at LAX
- El Al’s new safety video copying American Airlines which totally rips off Air France.
- Deplaning man pushes a senior citizen and threatens to beat everyone. (HT: Secret Flying)
- Today’s lesson: not where dirty diapers belong.