News and notes from around the interweb:
- Credit cards that were discontinued in 2017
- In Travel Weekly‘s 2018 preview on airlines I point out that it’ll be a great time for customers looking for deals to Hawaii with all the new capacity coming online and in policy that the current administration seems to like Gulf carriers buying Boeing airplanes and they need the UAE and Qatar in the fight against terrorism and as they advance their Israel agenda as well, those ought to trump self-serving concerns from United, Delta, and American.
- Taiwan recalls passports with erroneous Dulles Airport image (HT: C.K.)
- Fox Amusingly Spoofs In-Flight Safety Videos For Its New Airplane Comedy, LA to Vegas
- Here’s What It Takes To Land A Boeing 777 At The Busiest Airport In New York
- 2000 Department of Homeland Security employees (including TSA) are now deployed across 70 countries and they’re not always welcome.
- Federal Trade Commission Backing Off Issue of Hotel Resort Fees (HT: Jonathan W.)