News and notes from around the interweb:
- American and Qantas are expected to re-file with DOT for their joint venture across the Pacific. American is mostly severing ties with its partner Alaska Airlines, while Qantas is expanding its codesharing with Alaska to include flights operated by legacy Virgin America aircraft starting in May.
- Tunisia has withdrawn authority for Emirates to fly to the country after they treated Tunisians as security threats
- Malaysian man in Pakistan with a large cache of weapons tried to board a Thai Airways flight his bags were x-rayed and the guns were obvious, though it’s a good thing they don’t employ the TSA in Karachi.
- The Aer Lingus worker who saved Christmas
- JetBlue finally published an award chart for redeeming points on Hawaiian. It’s not super value.
Copyright: zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- Qantas passengers left stranded in Dubai for Christmas won’t receive compensation from the airline