American Airlines is selling business class roundtrips to China for about $2000 from either Toronto or Vancouver. If you’re positioning to one of those cities pay attention to where you connect on the way back to the U.S. because you may want to throw away the final segment.
Key details for fare basis ILX0C8G1:
- Travel permitted Monday through Thursday for the transpacific flight in each direction
- Valid for outbound travel through April 18
- Return must be at least 5 days from departure and must stay at least 24 hours at destination
- 6 month maximum stay
- US stopovers are $100 at the international gateway city
- Fare valid through January 10 but I don’t expect it to last that long
- Non-refundable with a $400 change fee
American flies Boeing 787-8s to Beijing from Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles.
Depending on routing Toronto – Beijing runs 14,000 – 16,000 flown miles roundtrip.