I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
I don't have referral links for the Hyatt, IHG, Marriott business, or Ritz-Carlton credit cards. Information about the products is neither provided nor reviewed by their issuer.
In order to root out customers who just want to sign up for credit cards, pocket the bonus and move on, many people who have opened 5 or more new accounts within the previous 24 months don’t get approved for new Chase accounts. That’s frequently referred to as “5/24.”
However some cards are exempt from 5/24, and the number of new accounts you’ve had in the last two years won’t disqualify you from being approved.
So if you have good credit, and can otherwise qualify for a rewards card, but you’re over ‘5/24’ there are 5 great Chase Rewards cards that you can still get.
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card is offering a signup bonus of up to 75,000 Avios: (offer expired)
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 total on purchases within your first year of account opening for a total of 75,000 bonus Avios.
If you spend $30,000 in a calendar year to earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years which can double the value of your Avios on a single redemption for 2 people.
British Airways First Class
- IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card lets you earn 60,000 bonus points after $1000 spend within 3 months. There’s a free anniversary night each year valid at any participating IHG Rewards Club hotel, making it worth keeping the card.
The card comes with platinum status and a 10% rebate on redemptions up to 100,000 points back each year.
- The Hyatt Credit Card offers 40,000 points after $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. You also get 5000 bonus points for adding an authorized user to your account and making a purchase with the card in that same 3 month timeframe.
Park Hyatt Hadahaa, Maldives
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card lets you earn 2 complimentary nights at any participating Tier 1-4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after $4000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening.
Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, Credit: Ritz-Carlton
The card’s $450 annual fee card is offset by a $300 annual travel credit. You get automatic gold status for your first year and keep it with $10,000 spend on the card each year ($75,000 spend in an account year gets Platinum).
There’s a $100 companion airfare credit when buying tickets through their portal, and the card comes with 3 complimentary upgrades to Ritz-Carlton club level each year valid on paid stays of up to seven nights.
- Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card can earn 80,000 points after $3000 in purchases within 3 months from account opening.
The card gives you Gold status after $50,000 in purchases each account year and a free night in a category 1-5 hotel each year after account anniversary.
Category 9 Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Hawaii, Credit: Marriott