News and notes from around the interweb:
- LAX airport has some of the best airline lounges in the United States. One of the best LAX lounges is the Star Alliance lounge, mostly because of the outdoor deck with fire pits. Now there’s another reason to love it it seems, they’re serving street tacos.
- DFW spent $40 million in the past 3 years to prevent a meltdown like Atlanta’s.
DFW’s backup utility services come from “geographically independent transmission and distribution sources, ensuring there is no single source feed exposure.”
“DFW Airport continually evaluates best practices to provide our customers and airline partners with the reliable operations they expect,” spokesman David Magana said in a statement. “In addition, Oncor constantly monitors the DFW distribution system and can quickly isolate issues and redirect power to minimize any operational impact.”
- Norwegian has twice as many transatlantic seats as a year ago, and now has even more lift across the Pond than Air France
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow now has a rooftop igloo
- Caesars Total Rewards devaluation
- Amadeus’ new fully open travel platform
- Alaska Airlines elites can gift miles out of their account with no fee for the holidays
- San Francisco airport is opening a new food hall by the A gates
- So this happened…
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) December 19, 2017