News and notes from around the interweb:
- American has introduced a polished aluminum 737-800 to their retro livery fleet. They could have, you know, just not painted this one.
- 19 year old contract worker at Portland airport snuck onto JetBlue flight because he believed he had earned a free ride
- Woman denied entry to Qantas lounge for wearing Uggs
Qantas Domestic Lounge Melbourne
- Qualifying miles earned via partners and via credit cards will no longer count for status on Qantas above the Platinum level (exception: Qantas codeshares on other airline metal)
- The world’s happiest airports are mostly not in the U.S.
- Air travel cronyism falls short in the Senate
“The issue,” [Leff] adds, “isn’t free markets versus subsidies but ‘subsidies for me but not for thee’ while lobbying the federal government to pick the pockets of American consumers despite U.S. airlines earning nearly half the world’s commercial aviation profits.”
- American rethinks procedures after confused Airbus A330 evacuation