News and notes from around the interweb:
- One in four travelers claim to have been duped by fake hotel booking sites I really have a hard time believing it’s that high, even seeing what I see each week of travelers who fly less than once a year.
- Shocking video of a man being executed by a police officer in an Arizona hotel. The officer was acquitted despite the video.
- Are corporate jets a waste of money?
- 17 year old Indian actress says she was molested on an Air Vistara domestic flight. (HT: Khalil D.)
- The UAE’s Civil Aviation Authority conducted an assessment of Pakistan International Airlines and what they found is troubling
Boeing 777 on Approach to New York JFK in 2014, Copyright zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- Meanwhile on a Gol flight a man did something to his seatmate while she slept and here’s how he tries to explain it away, he claims “he suffered a coughing fit and ‘accidentally spat’ on her.” (HT: Point Me to the Plane)
- Not the Onion: “Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, United Airlines Showcase the Passenger Experience at Washington Dulles International Airport” The writer is impressed by United’s old 787 business class because it “had the ability to lie-down flat and were laid out in a 2-2-2 formation.”
- TSA are the happiest Smurfs of Christmas, they get all the presents
— Derek Fry (@Derek_the_Fry) December 24, 2016