News and notes from around the interweb:
- Great sleuthing by JT Genter, Delta claimed they didn’t cancel a single flight over Thanksgiving but it turns out that isn’t true. Delta claims they cancelled one flight but replaced it with another make-up flight, so it shouldn’t count against them. Even though the make-up flight appears to have happened 18 hours later, with most passengers already having been re-accommodated on other aircraft. Really, Delta?
- American will move its Brazilian-outsourced maintenance work to Tulsa
- American AAdvantage holiday shopping bonus
- A Delta passenger kicked, bit, and hit 3 flight attendants who were taken to the hospital on arrival in New York. Meanwhile a passenger “got his eyeglasses smashed up in the process.” She reportedly “flirted with federal agents as she left court.”
- Delta, American, and United want their government to back away from its decades-long commitment to Open Skies. South African Airways wants the same from its government, too.
- jetBlue Got Gif (HT: @AvQueenBenet)
— JetBlue Airways (@JetBlue) November 27, 2017
- Air New Zealand’s Christmas Video.