News and notes from around the interweb:
- Club1 Hotels Black Friday Sale: Free membership ($100 value).
They’re often the cheapest way to book premium hotels, and they offer a best rate guarantee, they have some of the very best wholesale rates (you’ll give up loyalty program points and benefits, but the savings can be really big).
- The 1972 plane crash where passengers survived as cannibals
- Two Boeing 747s sold online on a Chinese auction site for $48 million
- Panic buttons for hotel housekeepers are ‘an expensive solution in search of a problem’ but hotels fighting legislation pushed by union UNITE Here is a political loser. (HT: Paul H.)
- Cathay Pacific pilots dial down strike rhetoric
- Man plans to launch himself 2000 feet in the air to take a photo that will prove the earth is flat. Instead of strapping himself to a rocket why doesn’t he.. buy an airline ticket?
Incidentally one of the original investors in Southwest Airlines committed funds on the promise that the airline would have skylights installed in their 737s so passengers could look up at heaven.
- Australia has the most domestic airline seats per capita. Given the country’s size, that it’s relatively wealthy, and that its thin population is spread out it makes good sense that Australia would rely heavily on air travel.