Turkish Airlines is selling Atlanta – Europe roundtrips from $1230, and they’re available most days that flies — Turkish Atlanta service is 5 days a week.
Here’s Atlanta – Berlin for just $1230 roundtrip, which is incredible. You can credit the miles to United’s MileagePlus if you wish (you’ll earn 100% of flown miles).
To give you a sense of how cheap this is, the base fare is just $292.50 each way for business class, that’s less than the fuel surcharge for the fare.
Key details of fare basis JV3BRO50:
- 50 day advance purchase
- Saturday night stay required
- Stopovers are permitted in Istanbul, but getting a visa is cumbersome for Americans currently (transiting Istanbul is not an issue)
- Friday/Saturday outbounds cost $10 more, Saturday/Sunday returns cost $10 more
- Tickets must be issued by December 14, but there’s no way the fare will last this long
- Non-refundable, $200 change fee, $400 no show fee
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
Hat tip to One Mile at a Time who notes that you’ll need to book using an online travel agency site like Expedia or Orbitz, these fares don’t seem bookable on the Turkish website.
Other cities like Barcelona and Belgrade are available as destinations, probably others as well.
Final tip, when making small talk with your flight attendant and you’re asked why you’re flying Turkish, don’t tell them you’re a Gülenist.