News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chicago O’Hare offers flu shots. That’s where I usually get mine every year, for the convenience of doing it while I’m literally ‘walking by’.
- With Air Canada ditching Aeroplan in 2020 and starting over, Westjet’s CEO says he sees a huge opportunity.
“All of a sudden the 30-year head start that Air Canada has had gets neutralized overnight,” he said.
Copyright: ronniechua / 123RF Stock Photo
- Westjet has also had to apologize to passengers after cancelling flights to the Caribbean and telling them it’s because airports were closed due to hurricane damage — when it wasn’t true.
- Rwanda has introduced Visa on Arrival
- Environmental reviews of the proposed
four hundred year, $950 trillion dollarCalifornia ‘bullet train’ between Los Angeles and San Francisco were supposed to be done already. Then they were pushed back to 2018. And now to 2020. And we’ve always been at war with Eastasia.
“Due to the magnitude of this program, we have always recognized that our environmental schedules would need to be refined and adjusted on an ongoing basis,” Lisa Marie Alley, a spokeswoman for the California High-Speed Rail Authority, said in a statement Tuesday announcing the delay.
- Air Cairo has a new livery